Customs Bonded Warehouses :
Customs Bonded warehouses in Sudan is one of the instruments for collection and its means however it’s the best means for achieving international and maro- economic purposes internally, its also a system that combine Customs function which represented in control and collection.
Bonded warehouses system is namely postponement of Customs duties payment by storing goods and commodities for a period of year or more during which duties would be paid totally or partially and there is no option for total payment in or before the end of the defined period.
Advantages of Customs bonded warehouses system:
- Customs duties on goods shall be paid by the current value and Customs duty rate in the time of withdraw
- The increase in Customs collection shall be by the increase in imports quantities or variety of categories
- Enables Customs control
- Achieving international goal by facilitation of international trade flow
- Concentration of prices by supplying markets according to the needs
- Enable the importer to increase the imported quantity and varying of imported categories by the provision of cash through the postponement of payment
- Provision of goods inside the country so as to avoid political declines
- Refreshment of real state investment business
- Containment of internal workers
- Bonded warehouses system is distinguished by transparency and flexibility in procedures where its available for any group of importers provided for the financial, importing and storing capability in ability to comply with the regulation of this system which is mere protection of general and private rights and security of safety before payment.
- The law and the regulation organize the relation between Customs and the importer who wish to import through bonded warehouses system. There is also the establishment contract between the two parties and their consent.
- In spite of all this facilitation for doing business but bonded warehouses sizes and number is small and its existence still concentrated in Khartoum state, this may be attributed to the consumption mode of the citizen or weak of capital of importers or for financial and monetary polices circumstances which is unstable and increase in prices internationally or lack of information of importers and decrease of importers culture about this system.
- Customs bonded warehouses contribute by a very small amount from the financial annual estimated amount for Customs compared to enter station but its able to achieve the decided estimate by more than 90% in the year.
- Whereas every foundation has a vision, mission and values seeking to achieve, Bonded warehouses administration has its own vision, mission and values.
Vision: Bonded warehouses administration seeks to achieve pioneering in Customs declarance systems according to quality standards to serve the economy and the society.
Mission: Application of attractive and control collection achieving bonded warehouses system
Values: Justice, integrity, transparency and sacrifice